Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cobras and Pythons


I wish I was referring to the latest Manolos or a trendy shot that you can get in a bar. Alas, I am not.

In my exercise class this morning I learned that cobras and pythons are indigenous to DB -- as common as rats and pigeons in NYC. Almost everyone in class had their own snake story.

One woman awoke to a crash in the middle of the night. An 8-foot python had fallen through the ceiling of her helper's bathroom. Poor helper! Apparently all was ok, she said. The python wasn't hungry so he didn't attack anyone. Coincidentally, her neighbor's cat had gone missing the day before.

Same woman said you see cobras all curled up all the time when you go hiking, something I've done on a weekly basis since moving here. Lovely.

Another woman heard about a Huskie that had gotten attacked by a large python. How could a snake take on something so large, you ask? Well, he just coiled his body around the Huskie and squeezed the life out of him. She didn't say if the snake actually ate the dog or not.

So now in addition to an epileptic seizure and heat stroke, I have to worry about Victor getting eaten by a python.

1 comment:

  1. We are here! Camping out in our new DB flat with a few items from our air shipment and waiting for our sea shipment. I am going to pretend I did not read your post about the cobras and pythons or I will NEVER sleep again. Hope our paths cross soon. We are the large and loud new American family that is wandering around lost in the plaza with five kids! You cannot miss us!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete