Saturday, July 18, 2009

Chinese Manners (or lack thereof)

Today on the ferry I heard the following: a woman in front of my burp; a man behind me burp and someone a few rows back clipping their toenails. Neither burp was a subdued, mouth-closed affair. They were both wide-open loud burps that most civilized people save for the privacy of their home. While I didn't check, I really pray that the toe nail clipper discarded said nails in the rubbish bin (it's not trash can here).

Sadly dirty looks don't work on these people since they don't think they're doing anything wrong.

I left the ride feeling very skeeved out.

That's all I care to say on this subject.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is safe to assume that the toe nails did NOT end up in the trash.

    And, I seriously hope you're joking about FOX news...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manners in HK.... Nonexistent in 2009.

    ReplyDelete