Monday, November 22, 2010

Paging Stacy and Clinton - What NOT to Wear

I've abandoned all sense of decency in an effort to provide photo evidence of how shockingly bad women here dress.  I do this because I have a sneaking suspicion that some of you think I'm exaggerating.  Be prepared to have your world rocked!

Saturday night, V and I are walking into the movie theatre when the most deliciously perfect example of HK women's fashion strolled right in front of us.  Trusty iPhone in hand, I began unabashedly snapping shots of this "fashionista":


I know what you're thinking - "it's not that bad. So she's wearing black hose with white shorts - not great, but doesn't require a 911 for the Fashion Police."  Take a closer look:


If you're having trouble understanding what's going on here, let me spell it out for you:  a grey embellished tank top, covered up by a black cropped sweater (so far, so good)... Next we hit a black belt, also embellished with some crazy buckle whose design is escaping me and white Daisy Duke shorts (because what's more appropriate for November than white Daisy Dukes??) As we move further south, we get into the good stuff - black patterned tights which flow into wedge booties with fur anklets (I don't even know if a proper term exists for the animals growing around her ankles.)  This ensemble is accentuated by a purple clutch --with a strap!!-- that was also embellished in some ridiculous way.

If there are some of you out there still baffled as to why I dedicate a blog posting about this, here you go:


The patterned tights are THIGH HIGHS!!!!!  Note how they stop just shy of the Daisy Dukes, exposing slices of not-all-that-flattering back thigh skin.

For the record, she isn't the worst case I've seen.  In fact, she's pretty damn normal for these here parts.  Somebody call Joan Rivers stat!

1 comment: