Sunday, July 15, 2012

People and Their Pets

I'm in no position to judge people for acting crazy with their pets.  My dog was a featured part of our wedding, after all.

However, I had to smile when I walked by an outdoor cafe today (on the UWS, for all you New Yorkers) and saw a woman eating by herself.  Except, no she wasn't.  There was a medium-sized bird cage with a small yellow bird inside sitting on the table.  Obviously it was her lunch companion.

Sorry, no picture - was walking back carrying groceries and didn't feel good about trying to snap a pic of this lady (even though many of you are undoubtedly scoffing or gagging at the thought of a bird on a table where one eats.)

And for all your DB-ers I find this way less offensive than the people letting their kids run wild on the ferry.  Discuss.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting layout. The family of love picture is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes true! I'd rather sit near a fellow diner with a controlled/behaved pet than be some greater distance of another with 'disruptive kids at large.'

    ReplyDelete