Thursday, October 7, 2010

Somebody call OSHA


...because this is what passes as construction "safety" over here.

Yesterday I walked past a house in our neighborhood that's under renovation. The construction guys had ripped out all the interior doors plus some large pieces of wood and instead of throwing them in the dumpster, they created this "ramp" by piling them all on top of each and nailing them together.  Yes, I actually saw someone nailing this mess together.

You have to respect that kind of ingenuity, although I wouldn't be caught dead walking on the thing.

The big question is - will they pull those doors up at the end of the job and put them back in the house?? Knowing this town, my money's on "YES"!

UPDATE:  Today I walked by the same house and they had set up a new ramp configuration.  I didn't think it was possible to top yesterday's masterpiece, but I was wrong!


They now have the dumpster lined up with the stairs and have created an elevated ramp using 2 layers of trash cans and wood planks!  Just to prove me wrong, a man with a trolley full of debris walked right over it with a big smile on his face.

Only in Hong Kong, folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment