Monday, January 24, 2011

Why?

The Discovery Bay fairies erected this thing of beauty last week:


What is it, you ask?  Well isn't it obvious?  It's a backdrop that you take cheesy, prom-style photos in front of.  Every town should have one - along with a grocery store, fire house and police station (the latter of which DB is missing).  Cheesy prom backdrop?  Check.  Local police force?  Err...

In only a week I've passed by it and seen a few couples (all Asian, of course) doing the face-to-face, holding-hands prom pose.  Maybe they're being facetious and find it as ridiculous as I do.  Maybe not.

If you're lucky, I can talk V into posing with me for one.  Yeah, right...

Update:
I just found another one of these things!!!  Nothing says "I love you" like an arch of made out of fake flowers.

If you're feeling fancy, you could always choose this gem:


And the sign next to these beauties cracks me up!  Can you imagine getting prosecuted over plastic roses and stapled astro-turf?!

No comments:

Post a Comment