Monday, February 22, 2010

Naughty Pussy

An American friend of mine -- a Southerner, no less -- said that her 6-year old son came home from school with a book about a cat who behaved badly.  My friend, reading the book to her son per the teacher's request, found herself reading aloud, "naughty pussy, naughty pussy, naughty pussy."  Then she found herself calling the school and asking for that book to never be sent home again.

Turns out most Europeans refer to a cat as a "pussy" and this has been adopted by the schools here.

When they're back in Arkansas my friend's father points at the cat food and says, "What's that?"  To which my friend's son replies, "Pussy food."

She also had the hysterical (and unfortunate) experience of asking her son what he was doing and him responding, "I'm playing with Sarah's pussy." Pussy being his friend Sarah's cat, of course.

So when our yet-to-be-conceived kids come back saying "pussy," please remember that they're talking about your cat.

5 comments:

  1. OH MY! That is almost as bad as my 6 year old asking for a rubber (eraser)! We are getting some great training at DBIS! :o) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god that is freaking hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why am I STILL laughing about this??

    ReplyDelete